Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pitch Perfect premiere with: Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow, Adam Devine, Freddie Stroma, and more

I graphed the Pitch Perfect premiere this week in large part because I've been hearing the movie is really good.  I decided from the beginning that this is a movie I should work on some cast pieces for.  So I went in with those as my priority. 

I ended up doing pretty well with them.  I had three 12x18 cast pieces and I got six people on two cast photos and five people on the other. 
Above: The top two have: Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Hana Mae Lee, Alexis Knapp, and John Michael Higgins on them.  The bottom has all the girls but not John Michael Higgins (decided to keep it all girls)

A big surprise on the night was Rebel Wilson not singing.  She was the only girl pictured in the poster shot at the premiere to not sign.  She was having no part of signing and did not sign one autograph the whole night.

I also saw Elizabeth Banks sneaking out the side of the theatre and had her one on one.  I asked her "Elizabeth can you please sign one autograph". I had one Effie Trinket 11x14 along.  Her response, "No I'm sorry I have to go".  Hey at least she was polite about it. 


But one of the first pleasant surprises of the day was the Workaholics cast.  Adam Devine is in Pitch Perfect so I was guessing there was a very good chance Anders and Blake would show up to support their friend.  I was right.  I saw Blake Anderson first and he signed my four cast 11x14s.  





Then a minute later Anders Holm came and he also signed my four cast 11x14s. 





And after the movie Adam Devine came out and completed all my cast shots.  This alone would have been a good night, as I really like the show and think these guys are hilarious. 





Tricia Helfer also came to watch the movie and I got one 8x10 signed by her. 



Alexis Knapp was looking good when she signed and I added her to all three of my cast 12x18s. 


Brittany Snow signed really quickly but I was able to get her on all three of my cast 12x18s.  I had an individual 11x14 along but I couldn't get to it in time. 

 Hana Mae Lee didn't sign for long but I was one of the first graphers to get to her so I was able to add her to all three of my 12x18 cast shots. 


 And Anna Kendrick was friendly as always and signed a good amount.  I added her to all three of my cast 12x18 but I was unable to get her on the one individual 11x14 I had along. 


John Michael Higgins was very nice and I added him to two of my three cast 12x18s because I decided the purple background one should be just the girls. 

Freddie Stroma plays Cormac McLaggen in the Harry Potter films so instead of putting him on my Pitch Perfect cast shots I put him on two Potter 11x14s. 



Bella Thorne also showed up and I was able to get her on five 11x14s.  She won't sign in blue sharpie anymore, only black.  Celebrities take note: it is a myth that blue is somehow "transferable".  It's funny when I ask celebrities why they don't sign my blue they usually respond, "I'm not really sure why but someone told me it's transferable". That is erroneous on all counts.  Black and blue sharpie are the same thing and cannot be "transfered" from a photo. The only difference is blue tends to flow better and not dry up even if a celeb signs 1000 autographs, but black sharpie often does not write as fluidly as blue.  Plus it has been proven that over the course of time (10 to 20 years down the line) blue sharpie holds up better and stays as bold and blue as the day it was signed.  So serious collectors who want your autograph to last for 40+ years prefer it in blue because they treasure their collectibles and want the best flowing ink and something that will fade the least over time. 

And lastly on the night Elizabeth Perkins showed up and I got her on two Weeds cast 11x14s I happened to have in my car.  She's rare so getting her on them in a big step towards completing them. 


And that is all for this premiere. 














2 comments:

  1. We've heard more often in regards to the blue sharpie thing - they won't sign in it because they've heard it devalues the item if they sign in black as opposed to blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's messed up. Have you asked Ginnifer Goodwin when she's up there why she only does black? We asked Brad Pitt and he said, "Someone told me not to sign in blue because it's transferrable but no one ever explained it to me". Same thing with Bella, I asked her and she can't explain it but someone told her it's "transferable". I'm going to cling to hope and humanity and go with celebs are just uneducated about the autograph world and are believing a myth, instead of thinking they are purposely maliciously trying to devalue items. I hope that's not the case.

      Delete