Friday, July 20, 2012

Breaking Bad Season 5 Premiere

If you're not watching Breaking Bad do yourself a favor: slap yourself once across the face, then go buy every season on DVD, watch them, enjoy them, and thank me later for introducing you to the best show on TV. 

With that being said, of course I went to graph the season 5 premiere. Believe it or not this premiere was all about one person for me . . . Jonathan Banks.  He was supposed to come to an Academy event about four months ago but cancelled last minute, he was supposed to go to an LA Film Fest event about two months back and again he cancelled last minute. Worst part of this was I am working on three nine person cast shots and all just need Jonathan Banks to be complete.  I saw Vince Gilligan last month and I asked him will Jonathan Banks be coming to the premiere and he assured me he would.  With fingers crossed I went to the premiere and the first person I saw was Jonathan (relief).  I yelled for him (extremely loudly) "Jonathan can you please sign, you're the last one I need" and he laughed and came right over to me.  He COMPLETED my three nine person cast 11x14s.  

 Below: ALL THREE DONE!!!!!!!
 And I was able to also get Jonathan on a new nine person shot and an individual as well. 




Betsy Brandt came over next and I added her to a couple new cast shots I'm working on.  She also signed my hand. 

Then Aaron Paul proceeded to sign for every person within eye sight.  He literally crossed the street through traffic to greet the fans across the street and was shaking hands, doing photo ops, throwing out bags of fake meth, and signing up a storm.  




I also got some people from the Walking Dead.  First was Norman Reedus. He is always a good signer.  I got him on five 11x14s including a Bernthal combo and two Steven Yeun combos.  Between the way in, out, and after party I also got him on nine 8x10s as well.
 Below: the 11x14s
 Below: the 8x10s

Walking Dead Executive Producer Glen Mazzara came out next and I added him to my two cast pieces I'm working on. 

Next Laurie Holden came out and I added her to my one cast piece that needed her and also an individual 11x14. 


 Directly behind Laurie was Danai Gurira who will play Michonne in Season 3 of The Walking Dead.  I had one 11x14 and she signed it for me (every letter) and was nice enough to include her character name.  


Steven Yeun came out next and signed up a storm too.  I got him on three 11x14s and five 8x10s. 


Then the Breaking Bad cast started to leave and the first to go was Heisenberg himself . . . Walter White . . . Bryan freaking Cranston.   He came right to me and grabbed my sharpie and tried his best to get every person waiting for him.  He did photo ops and was essentially went up and down the barricade.  I got him on four 11x14s that all desperately needed him.  Two were Aaron Paul combos, one was a three person shot with Tuco, and lastly was my cast logo shot I've been working on.  I still need Bryan on about ten things, but I'll take what I got any day. 



Next was Anna Gunn and she was really nice as usual.  I added her to a new six person shot.

And then came Dean Norris and he was pretty cool about signing today. I added him to a couple new cast pieces. 
 Below: my new cast pieces. The bottom one I added Anna, Dean, and Betsy.  The top right I got Dean and Betsy, and the top left I added Betsy.  

Then Aaron Paul came out and again tried to greet every fan within eye sight.  The guy is ridiculously cool.  Total on the night I got him on six 11x14s,  four were combo shots and two were solos and all were season 5 promotional images.




And that is all. 























No comments:

Post a Comment