Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Charlie Hunnam, Aaron Paul, Stana Katic, Alison Brie and many more


Well I graphed a press event on Monday and the venue was one that scared me immensely.  Sometimes they let you graph there, sometimes they ask you politely to leave, sometimes they see you and immediately threaten to call the police.  All just for asking for an autograph.  Not to mention just to be on property you have to buy a room in a Beverly Hills hotel which after our lunch bill was about half a grand. 

Today when we got there a woman who often runs the events told us we had to leave.  Dejected, we were about to leave when the head of security came by and told the lady we can stay, he said I know these guys they have a room in the hotel and they are always respectful.  The head of security and pant-suit-lady had a discussion off to the side, and in the end we were allowed to stay. It must have been our lucky day because three out of the last four events we tried we were told we had to leave.

Even though we were allowed to stay, we had mixed results.   There were quite a few celebrities to not sign.  Here's a list of all the people who walked in front of us and when we asked them to sign, they either: acted like they couldn't hear us, walked quickly away, or just strait said "No":
Kevin Costner, Emmy Rossum, Busy Phillips, Hayden Panettiere,  Julianne Moore, Carrie Preston, Michael Emerson, Anna Gunn, Justin Long, Hannah Simone, Gillian Anderson, and Lucy Liu.  Costner stung the most as he stood fifteen feet in front of us for a good five minutes and refused to even acknowledge our existence.

Katey Sagal was one of the first to arrive and sign.  She's usually pretty nice and she was again today.  I only had three individual Gemma 11x14s along because she signed all my Sons of Anarchy cast pieces a few months back. 


Then came Max Greenfield and I decided to finally start working on a New Girl cast piece so I added him to my 11x14.  




Beth Behrs was next and I have had these three 11x14 photos since January when she was doing press for the new season of 2 Broke Girls.  Well I finally got them signed, including the 11x14 combo shot that Kat Dennings had already signed for me in January.


Next was someone I was ecstatic to see, Giancarlo Esposito who played Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad (one of my three favorite shows on TV).   Giancarlo is not someone you see too often so whenever I do get to see him and add him to some Breaking Bad cast pieces I'm pumped.  Between the way in and the way out I got Giancarlo on five 11x14s and one 8x10.  



Next was Breaking Bad master mind Vince Gilligan.  He's always really nice and we had a long conversation with him about Breaking Bad.  We told him how much we wanted to meet Jonathan Banks (because he never goes to any press events) and we told him how we thought the series should end if we were the writers (I say Jesse has to kill Walt as the series finale).  He looked like he was about to give us a hint about his plans for the shows end, but then said "No I don't want to ruin anything". 


Did you know Ty Burrell from Modern Family was in Black Hawk Down? Yep truth.  I added him to my BHD cast 11x14 that already had Jason Isaacs, Brian Van Holt, and Tom Sizemore on it. 


Did you know Robert Patrick was in Lost?  Well good because he didn't either.  I pulled it out and he looks at it and says, "No I wasn't in that . . . oh wait yes I was".   Good stuff Robert Patrick. 


As Robert is signing Stana Katic walked directly behind him and I didn't have her photos ready but I said, "Stana, can you please sign an autograph?" She looked at me and smiled and said "sure" and then waited for us to get our photos out of our bags.  Pretty cool of her. 



As I've stated many times, I really like Breaking Bad.  So to get Aaron Paul low key on arrivals and departures was ideal for me as I really needed him.  I got him on seven 11x14s.  Now I really need Bryan Cranston to complete a bunch of stuff.


I don't know what to make of Shane West.  When I saw him last in January he told us three times, "Guys I'll come back and sign later, I promise".  He never did.  Then tonight he comes out and stands directly in front of us and we were calling him and he kind of gave a wave.  We didn't want a wave, we wanted an autograph, so we called him a second and third time.  Realizing his car was not ready Shane walked over and signed, and said "Sorry I didn't realize what you guys wanted an autograph".  I don't know Shane, I think you knew.


Olivia Munn came out next and she is usually really cool and she was again tonight.  It was funny somebody she was with said ok that's enough signing.  And Olivia just ignored him and kept on signing.  I got her on four individual 11x14s and got her to switch to silver for my Magic Mike cast 11x14.  


Christina Hendricks has been a sweetheart the last few times I've seen her.  In the stratosphere of ridiculously nice.  She signed on the way in and two of us realized we each had one photo we forgot to get signed on the way in so we called her again on the way out.  She came over and said, "Hey guys! You waited all this time, that's so nice".  She signed out last two photos and then took photos with literally everyone who asked.  


The guy I went to the event wanting the most was Charlie Hunnam.  He's always really cool and Sons of Anarchy is such a phenomenal show so anytime I get him is a treat.  I got him on four 11x14s tonight.  Two were combo shots that Ron had already signed for me so completing those made my night. 




Kelly Kapoor!  I like The Office, so I was pumped to add Mindy Kaling to my Dunder Mifflin cast 11x14.  It now has: Mindy, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, David Denman, Charles Esten, and Cloris Leachman on it. 


Maggie Siff came over thanks completely to my buddy who fanned out for her.  He was telling her Sons of Anarchy is his favorite show on TV and asking her to please sign.  Well it worked, and believe me Maggie is tough so this is a rare graph to get.  I added her to one cast piece. 


Zooey and Emily Deschanel came out together and it was just weird in general.  Zooey came out and grabbed a blue sharpie, signed four autographs with it, then said "I don't use blue does anyone have a black?" (I've seen her four times in the last year she's never cared what color sharpie she used until tonight).  Then towards the end she was just signing huge "Z"s on the photos (taking up the entire 11x14 space) even on cast pieces that other people had signed.  I got to her early and got two 11x14 individuals signed. 
Then Emily was right after her and she takes my buddy's sharpie signs one for him, he flips to his second and she signs it.  Then she signs one for me, I flip to my second and she says, "I'm just going to do one each".  Consistency.  Respect. 

Gillian Jacobs came out and she hates signing this photo but she did it.  


Alison Brie is on my list of best signers and she just cemented her position again tonight. She signed everything you had, took photos with anyone who asked, and as always was really freaking friendly the whole time. My buddy even kicked over his full coke 20 oz and it spilled by her feet, she just took two steps to her right and kept signing.  Awesome. 




































   

No comments:

Post a Comment