Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hatfields & McCoys premiere with Kevin Costner, Tom Berenger, Bill Paxton, Lindsay Pulsipher, and more


Well Monday was a premiere party for Hatfields & McCoys the new History Channel three party mini-series.   I'm a big baseball movie fan, so when I saw that both Kevin Costner and Tom Berenger were going to be there I had to go. Field of Dreams. Major League. Bull Durham.  All time greats.  

For the Hatfields & McCoys people not named Costner, Berenger, or Pulsipher I pretty much just worked on two cast pieces.  I had an 11x14 and a 12x18 along and they ended up getting pretty filled up and each has 10 people on it.  

Jilon VanOver was the first to sign the cast pieces. 

Next to sign my cast pieces was Andrew Howard.  He was pretty funny and joked around with the crowd at multiple occasions. 


 Next to sign my cast pieces was Powers Boothe.

 Then I had Boyd Holbrook sign my cast pieces.  Of course I realized after I was already there that he is going to be a main character in the new Stephenie Meyer movie The Host. Wish I would've had some photos of that along.

 Noel Fisher signed both my cast pieces.  
 Lindsay Pulsipher signed and between the way in and way out I got her on both my cast pieces, two individual 11x14s, and two True Blood cast 11x14s as well. 

 Jena Malone may have been the most difficult on the night.  She signed, but she did it very rushed-like and just wasn't very nice about it. 
Bill Paxton didn't sign on arrivals but we caught him leaving and he signed everything we had.  He even put the stuff on the table and flipped them himself. 

 Matt Barr was rushed by his publicist when he arrived so I also didn't get him on arrivals.  But he signed leaving and I got him on both my cast shots. 
 Mare Winningham arrived at the exact time as another celeb and I was unable to get her on arrivals, but luckily she is really nice and signed on the way out. 

 Here's Lindsay Pulsipher signing on the way out. 

And the 11x14 photos I got Lindsay on. 

And now the main event . . . the reason I went to his event.   Costner and Berenger. 

Kevin arrived and luckily I got to him first and handed him my silver so I could get my black bat signed.  I had baseballs along, but decided a bat was the way to go.   He was looking at faces and trying hard to only sign one each.   But he absolutely spanked the signature on my bat. 





Tom Berenger is pretty rare to see in LA.  Some of the long time graphers were saying they might not have seen this guy in 15 years or so.  So I was extremely excited to get him on some baseball stuff.  I got to him first when he arrived and got out of his car and got him in ballpoint on a baseball (although he didn't sweetspot it, not sure if he just didn't know that's where you're supposed to sign or if he side-paneled me on purpose).   Then on the way out I was able to get him on a bat in silver and it's about the cleanest every letter signature you will ever see.   These two items alone made my night. 


A pretty good night. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment