Friday, March 16, 2012

Mad Men Season 5 Premiere

Mad Men is back after a long break and I graphed the Season 5 premiere on Wednesday night. I did very well at it.  I got almost everyone from the Mad Men cast who showed up and got a bunch of fellow AMC people from other shows (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, The Killing, etc).   Here's my cast 11x14 that was my biggest accomplishment of the night, I got 14 people on it:
Robert Morse showed up first and signed. I wasn't super ambitious this premiere so all I had was one cast 11x14 along for most people.  I added him to it. 

  Vincent Kathesier signed next and I got him on my cast 11x14 and one 8x10.  He's usually pretty cool and that held true today.  

 Alison Brie wins the award for sweetheart of the night.  She is so nice every time I see her.  She seems like the type of girl you would be happy to introduce to your grandma :)  She signed my cast 11x14 and an individual 11x14. 



Jared Harris signed next and he is always one of the friendliest celebrities.  I added him to my cast 11x14 and also two Sherlock Holmes 8x10s.

 Jon Hamm signed next and he was pretty cool.  I got him on my cast 11x14 and two other 11x14s (one individual and one combo of him and Slattery).


 January Jones signed next and I really needed her.  I had a 6 person cast 11x14 that I had worked on a few months back at an AMC network party.  I got everyone on it BUT January Jones who didn't show up.  So i desperately needed her today.  Well luckily she signed and came right to my area.  I got two from her on the way into the premiere and two from her at the after party.  Completing my cast 11x14 was the biggest thrill for me. 

 John Slattery wins the award for funniest/coolest of the night.  This guy signed at the premiere, going into the after party, and leaving the after party.  He was cracking jokes and had me laughing all night.  He signed my combo 11x14 and my cast 11x14.

  
 Mason Vale Cotton is playing the new Bobby Draper and I added him to my cast piece. 
 Christopher Stanley signed and I added him to my cast 11x14. 

 Jay R. Ferguson also signed my cast 11x14. 
 Rich Sommer looked carefully at my cast 11x14 as you can see in my picture below, then he signed it.

 Vincent did round two of signing. 
 Jessica Pare signed a bit (only a bit she was not nice about signing and probably only signed six autographs total all night).  I did get her on one individual 11x14. 

 Alison Brie did round two of signing.  I didn't have anything else with me so I got a photo with her.
Next was a bonus when some people from The Killing showed up and signed.   Eric Laden and Kristin Lehman both signed.  Eric was a bit nicer about it.  Kristin acted like she was in such a hurry and had to go. Eric signed three 8x10s for me.  Kristin signed one 8x10 for me. 

 Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner came out next and signed my cast 11x14. 
 Embeth Davidtz also signed my cast 11x14.
 Then I got some Breaking Bad surprises that made my night.  Bob Odenkirk was first.  I'm working on 3 nine person cast 11x14s and all of them needed Bob.  Well I spotted him leaving the after party and he  signed them all for me. 
 Bryan Cranston came out next and I got him on two 11x14s (One 3 person shot with him, Aaron Paul, and Giancarlo Esposito.  One 9 person cast shot)

Dean Norris came out and I got him on three things which was huge because he completed a 6 person cast shot for me.   I did not get a picture of him signing. 

Martin Holden Weiner signed my cast 11x14. 
 
 And so did costume designer Katherine Jane Bryant. 
 Next was a fun one for me because I really like The Walking Dead (although I hated the fact that they killed off Shane last week).  Well we saw four people from The Walking Dead enter the after party so we were waiting on them to leave.  Greg Nicotero (make-up department), Steven Yeun (Glenn), Emily Kinney (Beth), and Michael Zegan (Randall) all came and and couldn't be nicer.   Steven actually signed all my cast pieces the last time I saw him so I was more focused on the other three.  

Greg signed my cast 11x14 with the zombies but since everyone was signing at once I got flustered and forgot to have him sign my other cast 11x14. 
 Emily signed both my cast 11x14s. 

 Michael signed both my cast 11x14s.   
These were some pretty cool editions to the cast pieces and I was really happy to get them. 
Another great night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment